Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm officially on Night Watch

I'm now in my 3rd night of watching my Grandpa at night. My shifts go from 11pm-7am. I should keep a notebook keeping track on when he wakes up during the night, if he's unsteady or not, etc.

Actually watching him is weighing on my depression. After he gets up that first time, which will probably come around 1am, any who when he goes back to bed he spends at least the next 20 minutes moaning and carrying on "Oh god oh god oh god," etc. He had one line the other night that really kept me up, brought my Aunt to tears when I told her and my Mom today. He said that he should be dead and they should just come and end it already. It gets hard to lay there and listen to things like that.

I wonder if the other nurses that watch him have similar feelings though they don't have that emotional attachment to him. I love him and stuff, obiviously because he's my Grandpa, but it's rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment